Pet Hamster

We just bought a pet hamster for my daughter. And I recently tests positive for pregnancy. Any mummies here have some advices? I did some Google and most of the feedback were negatives 😔

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on both acquiring a pet hamster for your daughter and your pregnancy! It's understandable to feel concerned, especially when encountering mixed feedback online. While it's essential to gather information, remember that every situation is unique. Here are some personalized tips that might help: Consult with a Vet Hygiene and Precautions Delegate Tasks Stress Reduction Seek Support Further if you need some other guidance regarding hamster the visit: https://hamsterguides.com/

Read more

I think you are worried about the LCMV virus in rodents. I'm keeping rabbits which are carrier animals, but as long as you have got them from a reputable store and they haven't been exposed to the wild I don't think they are likely to be infected. To be safe maybe make sure your daughter does all the taking care of the hamsters (as she should as it's her hamster!) and you can avoid touching them and their litter while pregnant.

Read more
2y ago

Yes you are right! I’m worried about the virus. And thank you! This helps!

advice for the hamster or you? abit confused here

2y ago

for myself. Any advices from pregnant mummies with pet hamster ? 😄