Bleeding at 9 weeks

Bled bright red blood (like period blood) on week 8, 6 days. It took a few wipes to clear the blood. Freaked out and went to nuh a&e. Had my first scan and saw the foetus at the right place with a good heartbeat, and good size 🥹 gynae couldn’t tell the reason for bleeding. Prescribed me with progesterone. Now in week 9 and have been spotting consecutively for the past 5 days 😢 worried and hoping that everything is okay. Nervous everytime I need to use the toilet, and anxious for my Week 10 scan next week.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I googled for you and looks like bleeding in the first trimester is common for 1 out of 4 pregs and you can still go on to deliver a healthy baby. Good you went to check but I suggest you stop the anxiety and practise breathing deep and say affirmations for urself and baby that you are strong you are ok kinds. if ur check was OK, it might just be one of those weird things. human body is strange af. u got this mummy don't worry stay strong.

Read more

Hi, I have spotting from week 5 till week 8 too. It stopped around 8 week+. There’s one time we rushed to KKH A&E too as is bright red blood but luckily baby was in place and good heart beat. My spotting had stopped from week 8+ till now week 11. I think yours should be stopping soon. Don’t worry. I guess is hormonal changes. My gynae couldn’t tell the reasons as well. Try not to walk too much if can for the time being.

Read more

I had a similar experience, mostly heavy spotting. Didn’t know I am pregnant until I did the mandatory pregnancy test when I was at KKH for another issue. They prescribed dydrogesterone, a type of progesterone because the foetus was embedded quite low and it’ll also helped with reducing the bleeding. Been almost a month of taking it twice daily, the bleeding has reduced a lot.

Read more

I’m bleeding massively like period for almost 2-3 weeks. It came back after 5days of stop and back with full bloody scene till I stain the chair and all.. gynae couldn’t check anything wrong and baby is good. I’m week 11 now and have no idea how too

Try to relax n rest more. when ur next visit to gynae? might want to check with gynae if need to get it check due to spotting?