NIPT yes or no?

Been debating if we should go for the NIPT in my next appt, any advice? Turning 31 this year. What are some pros or considerations you all had? And how much does it usually cost? Thanks in adv!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I tink depends on which one you take also. Like panaroma, harmony, igene. I am with private gynae and i did the comprehensive nipt by igene. It was 1750 before gst and its a 2 page report 😅 the basic one was just a 300$ difference though. I think whether to take is really depending on whether if there r some problems, would you abort or keep the child too. We didnt like the accuracy for oscar and hb opted for the comprehensive one. Good thing is we got to know the gender in 2 wks 😂

Read more
3y ago

I just checked my report. 12wk+1 😅

It really depends on you. If you think you need the result to make a decision, do it. If you think that the result won’t change any of ur decision, skip it. For me, I do it because I want to know my baby gender and also want to know the risk of DS. To no cons. All pros! I did panorama $1.3k at mtA. If subsidied will be much cheaper

Read more

Took FTS (Oscar) only - results weren’t good - NIPT (Harmony) and Amniocentesis Test about the same price and both 99% accuracy - NIPT will just tell you high risk or low risk like FTS but Amnio Test checks all the chromosomes - so went with Amnio Test even though it is more invasive but it is also for the peace of mind.

Read more

Actually no harm taking. Gives u a peace of mind becos of the higher accuracy... i paid about $900 in kkh. I took the oscar got good results but am worried cos of the 5% false negative . Delayed till abt 21 weeks den decided to just, for the peace of mind, took nipt. Gives assurance and one worry off my mind

Read more

I did both FTS & NIPT (Harmony) recently because I’m 33 this year and I’d reckon this will give me a peace of mind! Paid about $1.1K at KKH private :)

im 31 this year and opted for nipt to have a peace of my mind. for me, when i cannot be sure not to do, i will do it so to minimize regret

Good to do mentally prep you be it high or low risk