Did anyone catch flu during pregnancy?

It's been almost a week but the phlegm, flu and cough hasn't gone away. Been taking the doc's meds. Does it take a longer time to recover during pregnancy?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Yes I got the flu a week after taking the flu jab. And yes it takes longer to recover especially for the cough. I understand it’s because pregnant women have lower immunity therefore we tend to get sick easily.

yes. me! I caught it twice! takes pretty long to recover. I don't take medication. mmm.. about 1½week to recover. usually I don't fall sick but this pregnancy really weaken my immunity.

I had Covid the 2nd time when I was pregnant, took about 2 weeks to feel like myself again. It was horrible. My first experience with Covid I took a few days to bounce back to normal

yes it’s 9 months long, hard to avoid flu. It takes longer time to recover because the medication cannot be too strong for pregnant women

Yeahhh I’m having flu now too. I try to take the medication that the doctor give but slightly lesser in dosage as prescribed >