Spotting during 1st trimester

Can bedrest stop spotting during first trimester? Consulted gynae, no miscarriage, no medical treatment given but doctor didn't mention about bedrest. Any experience? #firstbaby #pregnancy #1stimemom #advicepls #spotting

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mum to be..im experiencing the same was bleeding and spotting for 2weeks and was prescribed with duphaston too..i bedrest alot and avoid heavy lifting.hope u are doing good now..take cre!♥️

3y ago

so sorry to hear that sis..hope u have a good rest.Can i know how far are u along when u get miscarriage?Have a positive vibes ya..take cre and rest well

Even when gynae does not advice you to, do bed rest. When you bed rest, your body is resting. It's working hard to grow a baby inside so you need to be well rested.

3y ago

Ya.. Gynae does not see the need to bedrest but recommends to avoid strenuous activity.. Will rest more and try to relax myself

don’t worry so much. I spotted for 3 weeks in the first trimester and it turned out to be fine. Gynae prescribed duphaston after 2 weeks of spotting.

3y ago

Yes there are mild cramps on and off. I try to wfh as even walking to the mrt will increase spotting. Think you can just continue monitoring, if it doesnt suddenly increase by a lot or no painful cramps, shouldn’t worry too much. The spotting stopped when I entered week 10

Yes you should be resting, eat healthy, just don't do any work.. Even sweeping the floor also cannot.. Good luck 💕

3y ago

Thanks! You are so lovely.. Rushed to Kk's hospital again today because increased spotting.. Thankfully that baby still safe.. Was given Duphaston.. Initially lesser spotting but then the amount back to previous with much abdominal discomfort. Hope that my spotting will stop a.s.a.p. Frightening to see blood everytime I urinate