My bb is 8 months old. When I carry bb by the armpit. I feel bb is very soft like fragile. Is it not enough nutrients ? Bb is drinking and eating well.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually I know what you are talking about. My baby gal is very firm , but my nephew feels very soft. Can feel the difference. My nephew was slightly premature and only weigh 2.2 kg when he came out. There was a period of time his head keep slouching to one side and we were told to let him look at the other side more. Now even though he is going 8mo his head sometimes still slouch and he feels very soft. He cannot sit up unassisted for too long. Maybe you should see a PD and he can refer to a physiotherapist on this. You should let him have more tummy time. Tummy time let them strengthen their core muscles

Read more

What u describe makes no sense because that's not how a baby is described. Baby should have been going for his vaccinations etc and they will do routine checks for the height and weight. As long as baby is showing some consistency in gaining weight n height accordingly, active, happy, reaching milestones (some pple might take a little longer for some), is playing, then it is ok. If eating and drinking well then how is it that not enough nutrients? Babies are somewhat soft ya

Read more

Is bb able to bear at least a little weight on his legs ? Soft as in no control of neck/limbs? Shouldn't be not enough nutrients since eating n drinking well. Maybe is muscles not ready?

8y ago

How about standing ??