My baby is turning 2 this October and I really don't think it's necessary to throw a huge birthday party. I'm thinking of a small gathering. Can you share your thoughts and experiences on this?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

We threw a big party for our daughter's first birthday, but not for her second. I think you're making a wise decision, but you should discuss with your partner and family. It's a bit much to fork out money for a birthday that they won't truly remember. Yes, it;s super cute and precious, but you can go practical for the second birthday and save up for other parties in the future in my opinion

Magbasa pa

In Pinoy culture, ages 1, 7, 10 and 12 are the most important ages of throwing a kiddie party. But yeah, if budget permits you can prepare a small gathering with close family and ninongs and ninangs. You can have the party in a restaurant's function rooms. Having the party in a restaurant is nice too, less stress and less money to spend actually.

Magbasa pa

I guess it's not really that necessary. My partner and I have plans to throw the usual first birthday party celebration for our child but not for his second. I think it's just more practical to save whatever the supposed expense will be. And besides, it's not only through grand parties that we can celebrate our child's birthday, IMO :)

Magbasa pa

It's usually the first birthday that's "bongga" but the 2nd can just be for close friends and family! My sister had the usual big party for her child's first birthday - catering, ballroom, event styling, etc. But the second one was just a swimming party at home :)