My 2months plus baby love to bite and suck on mittens, cries badly if I stop him. What should I do?

Baby only want to suck mittens.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally wouldn’t stop my baby from sucking if she wants to, so long I am confident the mittens are clean. Babies usually grow out of it as they are exploring their environment including use of sensory and their mouth. Alternatively can offer something else that baby is willing to accept - trial and error. Maybe pacifier?

Read more

I rather he sucks on his hands. Mittens may have fiber. It’s a form of self soothing, so don’t stop them from sucking their hands. Also, they r learning to control their fingers & hands by knowing how to control n putting it into their mouth

I would just let him be cause that’s also motor skills i guess ? Theyre still exploring and sometimes cannot control their own movement. As long as it doesnt harm them. Or yes when remove the mitten from mouth can try give pacifier instead

I didn’t really stop my baby from doing it. Nothing much to do to entertain a baby u see

It’s oral phase. Impt for their development. I personally will remove the mitten

maybe u can give pacifier or teething toy if u are okay with it.