My baby has a thick layers of flakes on his skull. Is it because of the shampoo that has cause this problem?Currently I use kodomo bath and shampoo that is given in the hospital package. Should I change the shampoo to those not so harsh for baby?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

What i do is, i will baby oil or olive oil to apply on his head and use a comb and have, after a few days will be better, and less flaky. It'll recover on it's own without using any cradle head shampoo or med. Unless it's very severe than i will suggest u to see doc and seek for advise instead.

VIP Member

Likely to be cause by cradle cap. You have to wash your baby's hair regularly with a baby shampoo, and then loosen the flakes using a soft brush. Rub a mild baby oil or olive oil oil into your baby's scalp. After that gentle wash away the cradle cap.

I think it's just cradle cap. It will go away in time with just regular wash. You might want to gently rub olive oil in to it and wash afterwards. But even if you don't do anything, it will fall off on their own sooner or later.

High chance it is cradle cap. There is a lotion/medication for it. Alternatively, you can just wash with plain water and apply olive oil on the affected area to soften it so that it will peel off by itself.

Read more

This is cradle cap. Although u r not supposed to, I removed it by gently scratching it off. A bit at a time until all cleared. Never came back. But caution against Long fingernails.

Sounds like cradle cap! I just leave it alone for it to drop off slowly as my LO likes to scratch her head so it's not feasible for me to apply oil on her head.

its cradle cap. use organic soap and shampoo would be better as its very mild and doesnt wash off all the oil on the skin. Gaia, cotton cubs, babyganics not bad

Should be cradle cap. Apply olive oil 30 mins before bathing baby.