Opinion needed. Enfamil Gentlease or Similac Total Comfort?

My baby is gassy, farts a lot and disturbs her sleep. I’m doing combined feeding and she’s currently taking S26. Im thinking of changing to either Enfamil Gentlease or Similac Total Comfort, hoping it would help her. Any idea which is better? Please do share your experience 🙏🏻

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

S26 is really heaty and cause constipation at least for my baby. I’ve since changed to Enfamil gentlease (advice from my PD) and was so much better for my baby. It is really gentle on the stomach and no more colic wind. She has been taking it till now 13 months :)

5mo ago

hi do u have a pic of the gentlesse? ty!!

hello, may i know how did you do the formula switch? did you mix old one to new one or just switched in one go? considering switching my LO from nan sensitive to enfamil gentleease. thank you

4mo ago

Hi, I did a gradual change. You can find the description online. It’s roughly like this, assuming baby is drinking 5 bottles a day: Day 1- 4old fm+1new fm Day 2- 3old fm+2new fm Day 3- 2old fm+3new fm Day 4- 1old fm+4new fm Day 5- 5new fm And it’s suggested that the new fm should be taken during the day, in case baby experience any discomfort, it’s easier to seek help

My personal opinion is that better to request FM sample before buying the whole tin. I don’t think Enfamil gentlease has sample so I bought 1 tin to try and never change ever since

hi, may I know if your baby is better after changing your enfamil gentlease? my boy has the same problem. we are trying ridwind for his colic but it doesn’t seem to help a lot.

5mo ago

Hi, we changed it to Similac total comfort, husband prefers the no palm oil recipe. So far so good. Baby is now taking stage 2.

My son takes Similac Total Comfort H.A. Its good also 👍🏻 Able to poop properly

Thank you for sharing! Do you still rmb what your PD said before suggesting Gentlease?

5mo ago

hi dear my son has the exact same issue, very bad colic. i am trying to change to gentlease but there’s two type. can u show me which one u bought? ty ty!