Preparing for baby's visits to grandparents' place

My baby is the first grandchild for both sides. So both our parents' houses currently do not have any baby stuff. Not sure how baby is going to rest when visiting. EDIT: Baby won't be staying overnight at either place at all. At most we will sneak out for short 1-hour couple time when baby naps at either parents' house. That's about it. There also isn't any spare bed at either house. Sofas are the old school hard solid Chinese style kind. Not comfy. 😅 Questions: Will I need to have baby stuff left at BOTH grandparents' houses? Do I need to buy travel playpen or bouncer etc. to bring over when visiting? As in something for baby to lie down in. What are the essentials I will need? How do you guys manage visiting your parents' place with a baby? Thanks! 💐 #firstbaby

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my parents place fully equipped with everything since they helped me to take care of my 2 boys. also brought my helper there. but nothing at my in laws as I prefer to ask them to come over to my house for a short while or go out for a meal only. but if like cny dinner, then I bring diapers, wipes, extra clothes, changing mat, homecooked porridge, water, stroller. my in law place is not baby proof so I don't like to go there. if they wan to see their grandsons, then they come over instead.

Read more