First time mum

My baby is currently 10 weeks old. Things has been really challenging since my husband has a very demanding job and I do not have any additional support of either side of family member. Each time my baby fuss and refused to settle (especially when he cannot sleep) I find myself crying more and more often. With the recent covid situation, I dare not step out of the house which causes my mood to get worse. I guess my question is, when will things gets better or easier? 😪

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The first few months are the challenging month for both the parents and the child I would say. However think positively. I always say this to my husband - when you miss this stage means you will missed it forever. When you miss the stage of a baby learning to crawl, learning to stand and walk, learning to babble mama baba, you will miss it cause time is not going to turn back and let you revisit what you have missed out. Things will get better as your child grows but at the same time new challenges will come. However, don’t be afraid to face the new challenges ahead as after all fussiness all the crying all the tantrum that you get from your baby, you may realise the next day he may give you a surprise- like getting the hang of flipping, like able to hold up his head, etc. That’s the magical part of seeing how your baby grow. One advice other than thinking positively, bring your baby down for a short walk at the void deck. Though now is covid period, it’s good for both you and your baby to have a short walk. Walking around the void deck I think is okay as you won’t be facing a lot of people, unlike shopping mall. Don’t keep yourself in an enclosed space for too long. It’s not good for your mental health too. Anyway all the best, you can get through this. Learn to enjoy this process though it’s tiring. When there are times you can’t handle anymore talk to your husband and see if can arrange 1 or 2 days or so get him to take leave and help you take care of the baby while you take a short break. Otherwise you guys will have to seek for alternative like a nanny etc if you really can’t take it anymore.

Read more

Hi dear. It's rare isn't it, but I'm like you, do not have support from both sides of the family (I mean, they were elated when we shared the pregnancy news but completely did not show concern after that, so I'm not expecting their support after baby is born haha). I'm a paranoid first time mom so I'm only going out once a week, for a really short time. I'll deliver in 2 weeks, not sure if it'll get easier and better, and deep down I'm scared too. I think I'm gonna write myself a reminder letter, to remind myself to pick myself up when I am down. Baby is gonna be all reliable on her daddy and I, so I mustn't fall. And I've prepared a folder of funny memes and photos for myself to look at when I need a laugh. I hope I'll be okay! And may you be okay too! ♡

Read more
Super Mum

Hugs, sounds like you're having a really tough time. Your mental health is really important especially when you just gave birth as you'd be more prone to depression. Show yourself some love, give yourself little treats when you feel overwhelmed (I just order bubble tea for myself haha).If baby won't stop crying and you feel frustrated, the best thing to do is put baby down in a safe space and walk away for a while to compose yourself. Baby will be fine, crying won't do any harm. Taking walks around the block or at the park is totally fine since it's outdoors. Take care mummy!

Read more

happened to see your post... stay strong! things will get better... share with ur hubby, at least there is a listening ear.. :) i was tinking if i were you, i will probably give myself some 'me' time when my hubby is back fr his work.. try strolling or walking around the neighbourhood, calm ur mind down and hope ur mental state will get better! *hugs*

Read more

Hi Mum, Sending virtual hugs to you as you are really managing a lot! Just stay strong and as the baby grows things will get better! Also, do try to share how you feel with your husband now and the. It definitely helps

Read more

Mummy stay strong , find some ‘me ‘ time , even a nice shower will keep ur mental state in place . Speak to ur husband and I believe u guys can work it out 💪🏻

I don’t have very pleasant period & depression when my baby 4week to 8mth. Have a short walk at void deck always help. U will be better each day. Jia you

Most of us have same story. I always think. when baby grows . this stress will be reduced.