My baby is 6m+5days old but cant fairly sit up yet. She kept leaning forward at a less than 45 degree position. Now can sit slightly more up. She has strong neck muscles and could lift up her head to turn left and right at 10 weeks old. I see other babies can at least sit upright after 5mo. Is there any issue with my baby?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

http://www.parents.com/baby/development/physical/stages-of-sitting/ U can see how u would like to help ur baby practice or train her muscles towards sitting. I found the suggestions in this article not bad. My boy is 6 months today so slightly younger than yours and also not sitting yet. I am not worried as every child's progress is different and if it's of any real concern, u can bring it up to the pd. My nieces also took longer to sit and walk but all is well now and they are in primary school already, all good and active. Don't worry too much. Like suggested in the article, u can use a chair or let baby sit on u supported while she tries and explores sitting on her own. Sometimes he will practice or try sitting up when we put him in the high chair or in bed with pillows at his back and sides then we will clap and praise him - so he associates it with praises - I think u can try encouraging more and be more smiley so baby will want to keep trying

Read more

I once had the same worry when my #1 couldn't sit up without help at 6 months plus. I wanted him to start solids but he couldn't sit, I had to place pillows on his sides as he was leaning. I placed him in a sitting position daily as practice. I held him supported n then let go..not got too long tho, just a few tries each time, slowly he could sit for a few seconds, then a few minutes..and gradually, he could sit longer n longer !! Remain positive and encouraging to your baby and one day she will get there!!! Jia you!!

Read more

Dun worry. Each child has different development rate. Ya..u might feel concern when seeing otr babies can sit and even stand at ard dat age. Even nurses in poly can make u more worried with some comments given. But dun worri. Bth my dotters...can oni sit by her own (still a bit wobbly) at age of 9mths plus...

Read more

Was your baby a preemie? Every baby has their own devp milestone. My baby is 7 months and she still needs slight assistance when sitting up. I have friends with older babies and theirs didn't sit up until 7-8 months. I wouldn't worry :)

My baby is 8 months and still need assistance to sit as well. I'm not worried.So don't worry..It will come the right time for your LO when she's ready ☺

Every baby grow differently, my baby start walking around 8.5 months ... But some start slight late may be after 1 years old... Dun worried ...mummy

Don't worry. Every baby grows differently. Mine is 7 months. Cannot sit unassisted. She can only do sit and reach..

Mine doesn't sit up either but she's getting close. We practise a little every day. I'm not worried

Don't need to worry my baby boy only sits very steady at 8m.