Baby poop

Hi my baby is 6 days old today. Started off with formula milk when she was born and now shes taking more expressed breast milk, more than 50% breast milk compared to formula. Her poop today suddenly become really watery and yellow. 4 times today already. Can someone enlighten me??

Baby poop
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! Completely normal as long as it is mustard yellow :) texture can even be a bit chunky / stringy / beady. I exclusively pumped and then now completely on formula for my 2 month old. In the first month or so, my baby pooped after every feed (10-12 times in a day). Sometimes even twice during a wake window, as we change a soiled diaper before feeding > he poops while feeding > have to change after. Most I've gone through is 18 diapers in a day! This is because breastmilk is a lot more digestible than formula, so babies expel faster. It gets a bit less frequent after the first month as baby's gastrocolic reflex goes away. Remember to change the diapers frequently so as to prevent rashes and uphold baby's hygiene :)

Read more
2mo ago

Ya! Haha no choice because my LO is particular and he stops feeding the moment he feels the poop 🤣 but also I've never had to deal with diaper rash as we change him frequently 🙏 Much better now in the second month, going through 7-8 in a day usually 😮‍💨

I heard from my confinement nanny tt babies on bm poop very often, and is yellow and pasty..like kaya basically. I rmb when my kid was under 1 month, he pooped over 12 times a day, which was ridiculous. Basically after every feed, he'll poop. But that tapered off eventually even though he was still on bm. So your baby's poop sounds normal

Read more

Breastmilk easily digest than formula which is why expect lots of wet diapers a day. Yellow colour is normal. Watery is also normal for NB.

TapFluencer

norm for babies on bm than fm

normal