My baby is 1 year old, how to get the first meaningful word from her?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Always start with the simple words, keep repeating to her when she open her mouth, like Pa, Pa Pa, Ma, Ma Ma, when she play the ball, keep telling her, BALL. When she see dog, tell her DOG, see bird say BIRD. 1-2 words is easy for them to pick up, if ur sentence is too long, they may end up don't have the confident to say instead. When she can say 1-2 words, than you expand to 3-4 words, slowly increase the number of words.

Read more

Keep talking with her & spend quality time with her. In general, by 1year they will start saying one words like mama. Some kids r fast & some learn slowly. So nothing to worry.

What you can do is to talk normally to her and not baby talk. she's probably quietly absorbing before coming out with her first word utterance.

She is too young. She might start with small words like Mama, Dada. Talk to her in a normal way because that is how she is going to learn.

just keep talking to her she will pick it up I play with a rubber duck with my baby and one day she just say duck to me :)

Keep repeating the word in front of her. When we talk, our babies are actually listening and absorbing the words!