No eye contact

My baby is 1 month 11 days old but he is still not looking at me in the eye and not responding to his name. Is this normal or should I be worried? Both my girls were already looking and smiling at me at 1 Month old.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to show him those black flash card. See if his eyes tracks. They shd be able to do that by now, if he don’t I will advice u to check with Doctor. I don’t want to scare u but I am a childcare teacher and if a certain time don’t respond to name or see you then it’s something I don’t want to mention. But name for now they may not be able to respond that fast.

Read more
4mo ago

He is able to track the black and white flash cards and I am quite sure he is able to see. I can see that he is avoiding eye contact like he will look away when I m staring at him. I m also afraid of what we don’t want to mention here. I m just hoping that he needs more time and not something else. Any mothers here with similar experience??

I don’t think baby that young is able to respond to name? Maybe can check with the nurse/doctor when you’re bringing him for 2 months vaccinations