Do babies only sits up from tummy position when they start crawling? If not when will they start doing that? In addition, will propping up a cushion below the tummy helps them to crawl ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies just love to move. We know this by watching babies who are frustrated by their immobility! Thinking they can assist children to be more mobile, many parents prop their babies up into a sitting position at a very early age. Yet, despite the best of intentions, this position can actually slow a baby’s pathway to mobility. Instead of making their muscles stronger and therefore able to propel them along, sitting actually has the opposite effect – it prevents the muscles needed for movement to be strengthened. So please don't prop a pillow under baby to help him crawl.

Read more

Babies all have different milestones. My no1 sat before he crawled. No2 and 3 crawled before they sat. Many children also skip crawling and go straight to walking. Here's what i did to encourage my kids to crawl. I put them on their tummy daily. I will also lie on my tummy to play with them. When I'm not lying down I will put a toy for them to reach - usually it's a ball because I like how when their hands reach the ball - the ball will move further and it encourages them to continue inching forward. Hope this helps!

Read more

They will learn to crawl and sit up when they are developmentally ready. Give your child a lot of free time on the play mat and use toys to attract her for movement. This is on of my favourite article on why we need to give our babies freedom to move and give them time to be ready to crawl and sit. http://www.janetlansbury.com/2012/04/sitting-babies-up-the-downside/

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-16960)

No need to help baby to crawl. Baby will crawl when they are ready! Parents have to manage expectations 😊😂