3 Replies

Hi, thank you for your question! Dr Frans answered this question on live stream: He says that normally babies are more difficult compared to themselves. Some babies have strong temperaments, and you can't miss their leaps, as they are all there, some are mild (being not so intense), and you might be busy and engrossed in your work, and you may miss it. All babies go through similar stages, so your baby is unlikely to miss a leap! You can view a recording of Dr Frans' Ask The Expert Session here: https://www.facebook.com/parenttown/videos/1258235770909093/

I think it is unlikely that a baby will miss a leap per se. Every baby develops differently, I have read that the leaps just provides parents with an estimated timeframe of when one could expect certain skills to develop. In other words, it gives an idea when the earliest one can expect his/her baby to say, roll over. However, the baby may choose not to focus on that particular skill and only develop that ability over the next few weeks (or even months).

I think there's no escaping or skipping a leap -- they're pretty much a rite of passage babies have to go through. It's a matter of how intense the experience is. Some babies go through the leap with not much fuss and others seem to be fussier beyond belief. All in all, be rest assured that it will pass after a while.

Related Questions

Related Articles