Girdles/ belly binders post pregnancy

Hi, asking on behalf of my wife. What are your thoughts on using girdles/binders? My wife is contemplating whether to buy them or not. Will appreciate any opinions. Thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think it depends on how she feels about her body. Some mums lose weight really quickly, some slowly, and some never lose all the pregnancy weight. Some mums feel very insecure about their post partum bodies, either being ugly from the saggy skin/stretch marks, or from having excess fatty tissue. On your part, you can be careful to show her love and not criticise her body. And if she still wants to tuck everything in by using a girdle before she puts on some more fitting clothes, maybe don’t stop her either. Let her feel confident and loved:)

Read more

I am 2 weeks post-delivery and relied on the corset binder and regular diet to lose my preg weight or to try to tighten the area. I'd say it has been quite effective. Not sure about girdles though cos I've never used one before...

Hi, It really depends on the personal preference and also on the metabolism as sme loose the pregnancy weight very quickly and for some it takes time.

VIP Member

Its a must for me.. ive had 3 normal deliveries and it does its job.. to tuck in whatever that needs to be tucked in loll

VIP Member

It's good to buy cos the tummy takes a while to go back to original state.

TapFluencer

i like the tightness instead of feeling overly flabby.