💡 Ask the Expert👩‍⚕️: All About Postpartum Depression

The postpartum period can bring unexpected emotional changes for new mothers. While many expect feelings of joy, some women experience sadness, anxiety, or exhaustion. Postpartum depression (PPD) affects 1 in 7 mothers and can significantly impact not only the mother but also her baby and family. Join us for an insightful Ask The Expert session with Stacy Chow, Founder of Baby Express, Lactation Counselor, and Post-Partum Doula! ✍️ Start writing down your questions and Stacy Chow will answer them live during the session! Whether you're currently dealing with postpartum depression, concerned for someone you love, or want to learn more, this is your chance to get expert advice. Let’s work together to break the stigma and open up the conversation about postpartum depression. 🗓️ Date & Time: Thursday, September 26th 2024 Together, we will explore strategies and support systems that can make a positive difference in your well-being as a new mother!

💡 Ask the Expert👩‍⚕️: All About Postpartum Depression
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Since giving birth, I’ve never felt a strong bond with my baby. Many people take care of him: my mom, mother-in-law, and the helper. They’ve been very helpful and let me rest. But for some reason, now (my baby is 4 months old), I just feel like a milk machine. My only job is breastfeeding. I don’t feel a deep love for my baby, just normal. Sometimes I stress about whether I’m a bad mom. Why is my husband closer to our baby? Why are others closer to my baby? But why am I not?

Read more

When I gave birth for the first time, I was extremely stressed, and it greatly affected my relationship with both my child and my husband, as well as with my extended family. Now my first child is 4 years old, and I’m pregnant with my second (this wasn’t planned…). Could I experience severe stress again?

Read more

I’m afraid of being judged if I ask for help... I once addressed my feeling and my family told me I can't be like that. my son needed me. My MIL even told me I'm a bad mother... How can I overcome this fear and seek support?

Since giving birth, and now my baby is 7 months old, I still often blame my husband. I get annoyed seeing him go about his regular activities while I feel stuck with the baby. Could this be postpartum depression?

Does lack of sleep affect a mother's mental health? But how do you avoid not getting enough sleep? 😂😂😂

Is there any food we consume during pregnancy that can actually increase the risk of postpartum depression?

What are the best ways to cope with postpartum depression while also taking care of a newborn?

Sorry I go anonymously... Can postpartum depression affect fathers or partners too?

Are there natural ways to manage postpartum depression, like diet or exercise?

Is it normal to feel disconnected from my baby sometimes?