Tailbone pain

Hi , just to ask has anyone encountered pain tailbone while pregnant ? Never been like this for my 2 previous pregnancy .

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had tailbone pain during the third trim of my 1st pregnancy. Am currently 9 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and I started having tailbone pain too. I have not asked my gynae but based on what was shared with me during my previous pregnancy, it’s not uncommon because our hormone changes cause our ligaments and joints to be looser and pains and aches are more common. With our pelvic bone expanding faster in subsequent pregnancy, it increases the likelihood of the various aches and pains too. You can try to adjust your posture while sitting. Use a back rest and dont put too much pressure on your tailbone when you sit. When we slouch, more weight goes on the tailbone. Sitting on harder surfaces will also cause tailbone pain. It’ll be good to let your gynae know. My gynae referred me to the physio the previous round and the exercises helped me with the relieve.

Read more
1w ago

this is me! first one third tri then have but second one first tri alr started....long way more to go 😩😩

Feeling the same. Dr said it is normal 😪 Try some pregnancy stretches?