7 Replies

my result was similar to yours! unfortunately yes, although the count was just 0.2 points off for the last readings, they only look at numbers being outside if range and yes, officially diagnosed with GDM. but since it's borderline there's no dr follow up or need of insulin or medication. i took my test at KKH, so the office of ODAC will call and schedule video online session with Dietician. it cost $51 subsided for the first session (2-hr, with up to 5 other patients). it will mostly let you know how to control your diet and monitor your own blood glucose (need to purchase yourself). basically you really need to change your diet and keep your blood glucose check. they will schedule another follow up with Dietician (online) to discuss your monitoring chart. during my normal visit to dr for baby check-up, i also brought the chart and dr requested to see, she said it looks ok and continue to monitor. my baby measure on the heavier side, likely due to GDM, but dr assured me not to worry. good luck mama!

dont worry, its not ur fault. when i failed the last test, i tot i could still escape GDM. but its all about the hormones and the advises from the dietician really helps. dont worry so much!

Hi I have this as my result too but was wondering why my cutoff point was 7.7 . I already had dietician calling me to manage my blood sugar but have not gone to see my gynae yet. slightly anxious about this blood sugar level

Maybe it’s based on BMI or age range of the person? I really don’t know.. my next appt is end Feb. 🙁 I don’t have any Problems before - no diabetes, no high blood, etc & my BMI is always within the healthy range. I don’t hv sweet tooth either.. Haiz..

depends on whether ur gynae diagnoses you with GDM or not. based on my friend’s experience it’s a yes, but no need sooo close monitoring (unlike if u failed all 3)

VIP Member

yes considered gdm, your gynae will advise what to do but since it looks borderline, most probably just need to monitor your diet

mine was 8.9 and my gynae told me i have GDM and need to monitor my blood sugar level.

Yes. This means you have GDM.

TapFluencer

yes it is

Trending Questions

Related Articles