Glucose tolerance test

Anyone took glucose tolerance test already? Can please let me know what should I prepare? 😅 i read in some post you could vomit the moment u finish the drink and have to come back another day😳😳 My gynae asked me to take when I reach 24 weeks.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Honestly it was OK for me. Orange flavoured non chilled. It's like a thick syrup. Don't vomit or you'll need to drink it again. I drank it sip by sip.

I took the chilled orange one, it is not too bad. very sweet but still manageable for me, who vomit daily, from day1 to the day I delivered.

I got the chilled lime version so it wasn't that bad. it's super sweet but take your time to sip on slowly. the nurse won't rush you.

Its quite sweet. But take a breather when you drink it. Slowly give yourself time to drink. And calm yourself down impt!

The lemon lime flavoured one is not that bad surprisingly. Hope you get that flavoured. I did mine at TMC

It’s my glucose test nxt week. Is it true to drink it cold to avoid vomitting? Does it really help?

this post and comments help me alot, my Glucose test will be next 2 weeks after raya 🥲✌️

And also i've tried cold and non cold ones but still i vomited twice. its horrible !