Brushing teeth mayhem

Anyone still not able to brush their teeth without either gagging or puking at 15 weeks?#advicepls #1stimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You might want to try other brands of toothpaste to see if it will help. I had the same problem and switched to another brand (got a small tube to test first) and found that the other brand reduced the symptoms tremendously. Still have the gagging and vomiting sometimes but definitely much better than in the beginning when i used the previous brand. Currently at 19weeks.

Read more

Gagging and puking since the start haha. I try not to eat or drink water before brushing my teeth. Tongue scrapping is a chore for me also, but no choice. I’ve started to brush slowly and it works to a certain degree

Super Mum

Hey mama, Perhaps you could try one of 3 things: 1) try a different flavoured toothpaste 2) don’t push your toothbrush too far back 3) try using a toothbrush with a smaller head

Read more

hi mama, i had the same problem as you in my second trimester. what i found helpful was to brush slower. using Colgate sensitive pro relief to help with weaker gums too.

Im at 35 weeks and still gag while brushing my teeth 🥲 but it’s different for everyone.

gagging since week 20.. i'm currently week 27 😢