Breast milk

Can anyone share how to heat up the breast milk from fridge.Im using Philip Avent fast warmer but it needs about 10 to 15min to get machine to get heated up and warm up the milk.Not sure if I'm doing wrong also..if use traditional method putting over warm or hot water in the bowl and how long do I need to wait for the milk to be warm?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Traditional method, I just pour hot water into a bowl and soak it for 5 mins. Then test if it’s too hot, will run bottle under the tap to cool down. As for bottle warmer, I’m using the one from TT and takes only 5 mins, just need to pop the bottle in and set it to the right setting. Would recommend you to get one. Carousell has many selling second hand at affordable prices.

Read more

If using traditional method, just put warm water + add a little hot water dip in awhile then take out and feel, can put 1-2mins then feel if it’s not ok, then put it in again. I’m not sure about Phillips as I use TT warmer so it normally takes 3-5 mins to heat up.

I use traditional method, I feel it's faster , around 5 to 8 mins and the milk bottle is warmed up