Anyone's lo coughing heavier after taking cough med? She's 4 mths now

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have consulted my baby's pediatrician about the same concern just last Sunday. I told her that I noticed my baby's cough got worse after taking medicine. She said it's really the purpose of any Mucolytic is to loosen the phlegm that's why after drinking it, it triggers the baby to cough more. It only means that the mucolytic is taking effect. Give it 3-5 days and the cough should be removed by then.

Read more

On top of what Jasmine has said, I think it is also best to recognize what kind of cough your baby is suffering from -- is it a dry cough, a whooping cough, a chesty cough? Treatment often depends what sort of a cough your baby has. For example, a dry cough is usually a symptom of the common cold or flu. If baby's condition doesn't improve, it could be symptomatic of a bigger underlying issue.

Read more

Hi mommy, do you mean that you've brought your lo to the doctor and the prescribed cough medicine worsen the cough? Baby at 4 months old is too young to have oral medication. I would think its best to call your doctor and let him know.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5007)