How's the glucose test at kkh?

Anyone know what week would this be.. and what's the drink flavour ah? 🤣🤣 Any tips? #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby #FTM #firstpreganancy #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

towards end of 2nd trimester. they will take blood before u drink. then they will give u orange flavour sugar drink (super sweet ) then wait 1h .take blood again. then wait 1h then take again. total take 3 blood test . u cannot vomit out.. if not u have to come back next time to test again. before the test u have to fast for 12h. no eat no drink. plain water is fine. Good luck !

Read more
12mo ago

going thru again... omg. no thanks.

OGTT Test would usually take place during your week 25-28. I’m going to KKH as well and my gynae just told me during the last check up that it will be orange flavoured.

I just went kkh for my detailed scan yesterday at 20 weeks and my gynae told me the glucose test will be on 25 weeks. no idea abt the flavour though.

12mo ago

wonder if I can bring my thermal flask of ice to pour the orange in to make it chilled hahahaha.

The glucose drink is orange flavour and it is too sweet till the point i feel giddy 🥴

12mo ago

oh dear! thanks for ur input 😇🙏

hi! usually its orange flavoured. 😉

12mo ago

hahaahahahah! some of the clinics give it chilled. if you are lucky enough. 😜😜