Unclear speech for 5yo

Hi.. is anyone here having a same problem like me, I have been struggling with my boy have unclear speech and everytime he speak felt like not confident with low sound to speak coz he know he has not many new words to say. Im worried if this can cause self esteem in social skill. Actually He's not late speech type, he always speak n talkative. But he just have limit words. I think he has habit to repeating the same words in many speech. And actually my English is not so good. So sometime I feel so struggle to teach him Please help me some suggestions. Thnks. #speechdelay #unclearspeech #speechdelayforpreschool5yo

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

He should be able to speak well in his native language. If he generally have limited vocab even in native language and slurred speech, perhaps bring him to poly for assessment and seek help.

Perhaps you might want to enroll him in english classes for 5 years old or classes that teaches phonics. This might help him to learn to speak more and learn new words

Try enrolling in some classes for him.. But if its still the same... I suggest u go for speech therapy consultation.

TapFluencer

hope speech therapist will b able to help your son 🙏