Anyone experiencing grey-green baby poop? My little one is on hypoallergenic Formula Milk. PD said it's due to the formula milk so it's normal but I'm still feeling sceptical about it.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Q&A from Nestle Website: 7. I am using the NAN H.A. Gold formula for my baby and his/her stools are dark green and very smelly, is there something wrong? A baby’s stool can be affected by a number of factors including the transitioning between different feeding options (example: breast milk to formula or between formulas).They may range from soft and unformed, yellowish mustard for breastfed babies to green for H.A. formula fed babies to bulkier, brown stools for intact formula (non H.A) fed babies.

Read more
VIP Member

This baby poop colour chart shows different colours of baby poop so you can match the colour closest to it. It says that green poop is a sign of a milk protein allergy, so do consult another doctor for a second opinion. http://incredibleinfant.com/health/baby-poop-color-chart/

Read more

Hi Hazel, my boy's poop was in green too when he was taking Nan HA milk. I called up the nestle company to check and they said it is normal as the milk is easier to be digested by baby and thus poop is green.

Better to use visuals as grey-green can mean different things to different people. This is the chart that the polyclinic uses:

Post reply image

thanks