Post pregnancy

Hey! anyone here delivered alr? And is it painful to shower or pee after normal vaginal birth?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had a episiotomy but it didn't hurt while showering or peeing. it hurt a bit when pooping and when I sit directly on the wound. didn't manage to buy a float, so ended up sitting on my soft toy to cushion. it helps to reduce the pain. pain went away only after the stitches was removed by gynea a week later. cos not all of my stitches dissolve by itself.

Read more

in terms of peeing , there will be some discomfort but will not be those painful kind. should get better by week 2. shower will not be painful unless you try to do in depth cleaning for your virginal area, just remember to be gentle with it. take painkillers when the pain is unbearable, it helps

Showering was fine , peeing had some discomfort due to the vagina being sore and also I had an episiotomy cut so it was hard for me to sit and poo for the first weeks eps , had to use wet wipes to clean / wash with water after peeing and followed aftercare instructions given by doct as well

It's normal. It did hurt but it will heal after a week. I just give birth a few weeks ago. Just don't walk too much and take care of your wound. Make sure to use the cool pad given my the hosp it does really help and the pain killers.

Hi! I just delivered my baby this year January after a normal vaginal birth and i would say to me it is painful when i am trying to 💩 and trying to wash my butt but over all a few week i wont be able to full the pain already

I peed the next day after delivery without any pain. Also pooped on the 3rd day without any discomfort. Only issue is cleaning up after pooping may take you a much longer time! Else nothing to worry about.

I find it quite painful to pee and sit for 2 weeks, showering was ok. Good to use a swimming float for sitting and herbal mist spray (must put in fridge for cooling effect) to lessen the pain.

I delivered a mth ago. No pain peeing after birth. The hosp will gv painkiller too.. as for shower wise i was worried lifebuoy may make it painful so i used cetaphil

Gave birth twice through normal vaginal delivery. Pain is to be expected? 😅 It will take a few weeks to fully recover no worries

I feel more sleepy n in need of sleep then in pain..no not painful at all. recovered a few days