Private v.s subsidised

Anybody has experience with being a subsidised and private patient at NUH before? I just changed to private and realised that they are more rushing compared to subsidised clinic. the nurse seemed very rush when explaining the package to me , and the doctor had very limited things to say and didn’t really ask questions to find out how I am doing. I think i lasted less than a minute in the doctor’s room. I even had to take my blood pressure by myself! the first time i was there I was very lost. nobody showed me the room that i had to go to i had to figure it out myself. when i was a subsidised patient the nurses did everything for me. and they spoke to me very calmly and asked about my well being etc . they showed me where to wait, they settled my blood pressure for me etc. im just wondering if this is the kind of service i should be expecting when we pay so much more? do any mommies feel this way? 🤣

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, im currently subsidised at NUH and planning to switch to NUH private. may i know which dr did you go for? did the dr make you feel at ease?