Private v.s subsidised

Anybody has experience with being a subsidised and private patient at NUH before? I just changed to private and realised that they are more rushing compared to subsidised clinic. the nurse seemed very rush when explaining the package to me , and the doctor had very limited things to say and didn’t really ask questions to find out how I am doing. I think i lasted less than a minute in the doctor’s room. I even had to take my blood pressure by myself! the first time i was there I was very lost. nobody showed me the room that i had to go to i had to figure it out myself. when i was a subsidised patient the nurses did everything for me. and they spoke to me very calmly and asked about my well being etc . they showed me where to wait, they settled my blood pressure for me etc. im just wondering if this is the kind of service i should be expecting when we pay so much more? do any mommies feel this way? 🤣

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi momma. sorry to hear of your bad experience in NUH. Any particular reason why u picked NUH? They should'nt rush your appointments and you are entitled to ask as many questions to docs and nurses regardless private or subsidiesed. If i were u, if you are not satisfied with their work ethics and services, change your hospital option!

Read more

hi, im currently subsidised at NUH and planning to switch to NUH private. may i know which dr did you go for? did the dr make you feel at ease?