Poop Trauma

Anybody has children who are afraid to poop probably due to a traumatic large poop before so everytime they feel the need to poop now, they'll hold it in and just cry the house down? Doesnt help that theres only mini pellet-like poop and skidmarks in their diapers. Really desperate for a solution

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Find some potty songs on YouTube, there are some good songs by cocomelon and babybus and pinkfong, my kiddo loves the song and bye bye to poo poo. Also we kept telling him everyone poop, we also poo feeling weird, that is not pain, just butt butt opening for poo

5y ago

Will try this out. Thank you for the suggestion to instill "fun" in this.

My daughter most probably experienced that. She is crying so much and trying to hold her bowel. I see when she is crossing her legs. Please advise what shall I do? She cries in the middle of the night because of that.

VIP Member

Hi... feed your child with prune juice or honey lemon water and encourage them to eat fruits such as papaya and bananas. It will help to ease constipation.

5y ago

My LO eats fruits daily but he doesnt like to drink plain water. We've noticed instances whereby his poo is about to come out but he wouldnt want to push it out. Which brand of prune juice would you recommend?