Odyssey Preschool review

Please share all your reviews about odyssey preschool in the east.

Odyssey Preschool review
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

odyssey preschool The Global Preschool offers an award-winning curriculum within a fully-equipped Reggio Emilia inspired campus, specially designed for exploratory and self-directed learning. I like the spacious outdoors and use of natural elements in the children's learning such as Outdoor Music Garden in all centres, and a fruit orchard in the 4th Ave campus. Through the project-based approach, the children are educated to be active and competent learners. Each term ends with a project. I know they hold "Colours of Odyssey" - annual arts exhibition project at an external arts venue, whereby the children put up their art works on exhibition and for sale to raise funds for charity. There are 2 ODYSSEY centres in the East - one in Wilkinson (Mountbatten area) and one in Loyang. The centre in Wilkinson runs the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) - first preschool in Singapore to provide a global preschool education with a combination of the International Curriculum and Singapore preschool education. No doubt, the fees do not come cheap. One thing for sure is that the children are given good quality education and care, taking into consideration the premium teacher-child ratios in Odysssey. And so far, from what I know, the parents are very satisfied with the quality of staff and programme. No wonder new parents pay a fee to be on its waiting list.

Read more

The school facilities are great, I have to admit. However, the student-to-teacher ratio is really bad now, completely different from what was promised when I first entered the campus. The management has not improved, and I will withdraw my child from school. Since the principal changed, this school has been changing teachers frequently throughout the year, mainly because my child is now in K1 and I recently discovered that his Chinese is very good. The English teacher resigned, and there is only one Chinese teacher in the class. The English teacher is completely unstable. When I asked my child, he said that the teacher changes every time, there are music teachers, art teachers, and even physical education teachers helping to teach the class. As parents, we pay such high tuition fees, and the school cannot even arrange a stable teacher. Shouldn't K1 children have an English teacher and a Chinese teacher to teach the class? However, there is none now. If this Chinese teacher takes a leave, will there be no main teacher in their class? Changing teachers frequently is also not good for the children's development. If I don't get a satisfactory response, I will choose to withdraw my child from school. I also urge parents who are considering enrolling to think carefully.

Read more

When it comes to reviewing a preschool, it is very important to gather information from parents and guardians who have direct experience with the facility. While each child's educational journey is unique, learning about the experiences of others can provide valuable perspective. Additionally, if you are a student looking for academic support, platforms such as Edubirdie https://edubirdie.com/assignment-help offer useful services such as assignment help. By using resources like Edubirdie, students can get help with a variety of academic tasks, ensuring that they do not fall behind in their studies. Don't forget to consider factors such as curriculum, teacher-student ratio, facilities, and overall learning environment when evaluating preschool options for your child.

Read more

Odyssey Preschool has very caring, patient and kind teachers. The wonderful thing about the school is the different fun activities and programs that they conduct. Their concepts and methodology help kids in building essential skills. My son is always happy while going to the playschool center and has learnt a lot. You can refer to their website for a description of their programme : https://theodyssey.sg/

Read more

From what I've gathered online, one very attractive factor about the place is the relatively big outdoor space they have to offer. odyssey preschool also have well thought out curriculum, friendly and helpful staff. The cost is considered high but the waiting list is long as well. You can refer to their website for a description of their programme: http://theodyssey.sg/our-programme/preschool-years/#

Read more

A good preschool in the formative years of a child plays an integral part in his overall growth. I am happy that I chose odyssey preschool as my daughter's preschool. Ever since joining the preschool I have seen her develop into this energetic, friendly, positive & loving child. At ‘Odyssey Preschool’, every week there was some activity which motivated my daughter to attend her school daily.

Read more

The teachers are very kind at odyssey preschool l and respond promptly to the children’s wants and needs. Thanks to that, our children look forward to going to school every day. The teachers are cheerful and positive; overall, it’s a lively school. You won’t regret enrolling your child in Odyssey Preschool.

Read more

I am a huge fan of odyssey preschool. My daughter is too young so I have not enrolled her yet. But we intend to as it is one of the only 3 schools in singapore tht practices the Reggio Emilia theory of preschool education. The campus is also sprawling!

Post reply image

Does anyone have experience with odyssey at Lloyd road to share? 18 months old programme. Is the teacher turnover high?

Overpriced! But absolutely gobsmackingly stunning. Here's a photo of their new campus in Katong

Post reply image