Any parents experienced a toddler that dislike going to preschool? My toddler has been going to a Montessori's school since Jan 2016, it has been 5 months. He still dislike school and make a fuss out of it. Most of the time will cry before going to school. When he is in his school, he is happy. How do you manage to overcome this school going child fear? Pls share your experiences (if any). Thanks in advance

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is basically the separation anxiety. The kid does not take the separation from the mother too well. When I joined my new job, my daughter was one and half years old. I took 15 days of joining time and after 15 days when I joined and left my daughter at the preschool, she started crying like crazy. I again had to take 10 days of leave to settle her down. It was a very tough time. at one point I thought I would have to let go of my job, but thankfully, all went fine. Initially, I thought there might be some problem but when I looked into the matter and found that there was no problem in the school, I realised that it was because of the separation from me that she was behaving that way. http://www.pbs.org/parents/expert-tips-advice/2015/09/helping-preschoolers-cope-separation-anxiety/

Read more