Any mummies find that you lost interest in things you used to love doing? I am not a good cook but I tried to learn cooking and grew passionate about cooking.. with my first child, the passion is still strong. However, my passion wears off once #2 arrived and probably due to whatever I cook for my kids, they will just reject.. Also I began to hate cooking since #3 arrived cos she is so clingy. I used to feel cooking was a way to relieve stress. However, now cooking makes me stress and angry all the time. I feel like a useless mom and wife.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i dont think this makes you a useless mom or wife in any way. by that standard, any mom who does not cook is a bad mom or wife - NO :) it is natural for you to lose interest, as there is already a lot of pressure and responsibility on you. cooking involves time and patience, and since you already have 3 kids, i am sure you are already quite tired and worked up through the day. give yourself a break and do not stress so much. if right now you are not interested to cook, you can always take it up later if you wish. in fact, you can also try and involve your kids in simple cooking tips and tricks and prepare meals together maybe once a week as a family :)

Read more