Am in my second trimester and a neighbour recently scared me with some disturbing info. She said that if I exercise or walk too much, it could harm my baby physically. Am sure that's incorrect. Can anybody guide me?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Walk too much? Exercise too much? Ur gynae will tell you. And i thot most people say walk more easy to give birth? Last tri, my gynae ask me walk lesser as i start to dilute 2-3 weeks earlier b4 37 weeks. Hence i try to cut down. That is no1. Exercise- u know your own body, so you know what type of exercise u should stop, wat type of exercise u can continue doing. I climb staircase to exercise for no1. Just remember don't carry heavy stuff, don't try to climb up and take heavy stuff, accidents may happen without knowing it.

Read more

My female friend was walking too much during her 2nd trimester and in the end her gynae told her not to walk so much because her baby could be harmed. So instead she listened to her gynae's advice and tried to walk lesser, she has a healthy baby later on too. And also her number 2 as well.

I was told that if you are used to having a very active lifestyle pre-pregnancy, it is okay for you to continue doing your exercises but at a moderate/light rate and pace. However, if you have not been active or have been exercising as much before, pregnancy should not be the time to try.

In my opinion, everything must be moderate regardless exercise or walking. Walking briefly is good for both mom and child. Maybe your neighbour think you exercised too much or too extreme..so she just want you to take a good rest.

some old mind will say walk to much your leg will get swollen, maybe she want you to rest more than walk about. Have more rest is good too cos your weight is getting heavier. Night time some time will be cramps too.