Growth spurt?

My almost 6 weeks LO keeps on waking up during her naps and it’s hard to put her down to sleep. She’s also wanting to drink every 1-2 hours now instead of her usual 3 hours at 60-90 ml. As I’m typing this, she just woke up from an hour nap only. Help? #firsttimemom #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You’ll soon get used to it 😅 Usually growth spurts comes during 3,6,9 (not all but mostly). And then not forgetting there is also a leap where they suddenly go on milk strike as well. Mine usually ends in a week or two during the growth spurt periods. Her usual intake is 80~100ml/2 hourly, during growth spurt she can take in up to 180ml 🫣 She can be requesting for milk anytime from 30mins~1 1/2 hours 🫢

Read more

There is a growth leap at 6-8 weeks usually babies are colicky during this time, can be extra fussy and hungry and Gassy all at once. Hang in there as it will pass! Sometimes when they wanna drink May not be Hunger but their own way to soothe their gassy n immature stomach system. So just watch that ya. As they may over drink which leads to more spit ups n bloatedness

Read more