Hi, I’m now 23 weeks . Any mommies to be took Covid vaccine? So confused weather to take it or not.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It seems like gov gynae are supportive towards pregnant women to take the vaccine. Most of the private gynae doesnt recommend like mine. As my gynae mentioned that the data only shown that it will not affect the mommies. However, no data shown it will not affect the babies. For me, I dont intend to take the vaccine during my pregnancy. Will only take the vaccine after breastfeeding. I have seen one news article from Taiwan. The mummy took the vaccine after giving birth to the baby. But continued to breastfeed the baby afterwards. 1 day later, the baby was gone. Unsure if its due to the vaccine but based on all these, better make your own decision and take the vaccine at your own risk.

Read more

i took whopping cough vaccine at week 25 and I took my first dose (pfizer) at week 29 at KKH. did not experience any significant side effects. Will be taking 2nd dose at week 34 (3 wks' time) 😊 under gynae recommendation. husband is very supportive also and I'm in opinion that the risk of complication contracting it far outweighs the possible risk from vaccine itself (from worldwide stats). My other considerations: 1) I do take regular flu vaccines and do not normally have allergic reaction from vaccines; 2) no drug allergies; 3) my job requires f2f interactions with people.

Read more

Hi there, I took moderna vaccine both doses during my second trimester. My gynae encourage me to take it and we hve look thru the data, weigh all pros and cons before I decide the take this for me and baby. All my test results are ok and baby is fine so far. There will be side effect (like I hve body ache on second jab, it goes away after taking Panadol). I also took my TDap and influenza vac on my week26. All is good so far. Hope this helps. If you can’t take vaccine for some reasons then I suggest you stay clear from crowded places and stay safe and healthy! Take care!

Read more

I plan on taking after birth during breastfeeding period. I personally feel it’s best for baby cause it’s less direct at least I believe my body will filter out harmful stuff and still feed baby with the antibodies from vaccine. Like how sashimi can be eaten during breastfeeding but not when preg so I just assume la. However if cases increase will go for vaccine to protect baby from COVID. My gynae very chill he say it’s totally up to me so far results are safe but long term effects we still don’t know

Read more

Yes, im 24 weeks now and I took both 2 doses pfizer vaccine and my Obgyne told me to get it done as it protect you and the baby from risk of the virus. Im all good no side effects only sore arm for just one day. Now just waiting to finish for 14 days full vaccinated.

I’m 25 weeks pregnant and have yet to take the vaccine. Still contemplating 😣 My next appt with the dr would be on the 25th, will consult with the doctor then to see what she says. But my husband strongly disagree with me going for the vaccine. 😣 i’m confused too!

I'm 12 wks pregnant now and looking forward to take the vaccine. I seek advise from 3 doctors so far, 2 govt & 1 private all are supportive on me taking the vaccine just make sure that it's after 1st trimester.

I'm hesitating too. Especially I have drugs allergies. My gynae said it is up to me but just don't do it during first trimester. But I could feel he is not encouraging me to take until delivery.

im at 29w4d... asked gynae before.. she said better dun.. just wait till aft give birth... and my husb n close frens also disagree in me taking e vaccine...

Different gynae advise differently. Im contemplating to take the vaccination. But due to nature of my job. I gotta take.