Breastfeeding

Are we able to get our breastmilk producing again if it has stopped :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Possible! I stopped latching and pumping a mth ago when my LO refused to latch or drink frozen bm then I regretted my decision to stop. I did power pump to mimic cluster feedings the whole day then do it once, twice the next day then pump as per normal. Also drink lots of water. Got back my bm thank god! Don't believe the comment below who said you can't unless of course you're lazy. Must be consistent and patience cos you won't see the result right away. May take some time.

Read more

Me too! I want to produce BM again cause I was too lazy to pump.. my fault. Now that I’m not working, all the more I should kickstart my breasts into producing again. When I press on my nipples, there’s still milk but not sure if it will come back as much if I start to pump again. Also, my baby is 8 months now and has 2 bottom teeth already, I’m scared she’ll bite my nipples! 😭 But I guess whatever the outcome is, it’s still worth a shot, isn’t it, Mummy? 😉

Read more
3y ago

Yes, definitely! I totally got the lazy part cos pumping is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of your time. My LO is 4 mths now and he lovessss to do gumming on my nips and pull it. Already pain like that can't imagine with teeth 😅 but I do dream feed him when he's still drowsy and sleepy. Otherwise forget about it 😂 Just be consistent and you'll see the result. Do drink lots of water although you'll also go to the toilet a lot.

Yes you can! But it will take a lot of hard work, a lot of patience! I’m not sure of how it can be done, need to consult LC on this, but definitely can be done. This article could help u: https://www.healthline.com/health/relactation#tips-for-inducing Good luck! 😊

Read more
3y ago

Thank you mummy :( Ive stopped bf when my bb was 2 months old cause he has a problem in latching that causes him to have a seizure. So i stopped :(

Unfortunately no….Not until u give birth to another kiddo. ☹️