A friend mentioned that she had meditative music on in her delivery room and it really helped. Any of you considering playing music during your labour/delivery? What'll be on your playlist?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I remembered the radio was on during my entire labour and because I opted to take epidural early, I was a little distracted with the song. At that time, I recalled vividly that Bruno Mars' Grenade was playing and I was humming along. It only took about 3 push (I think) to pop my son out because I was fully dilated and didn't realized since I was numb.

Read more

My delivery playlist will consist of songs that I usually have on repeat on a daily basis anyway since they relax me. Here are my Top 5! 1) Photograph by Ed Sheeran 2) Mine by Taylor Swift 3) Go On by Jack Johnson 4) Halo by Beyonce 5) I Choose You by Sara Bareilles

Read more

I switched on music too during delivery. However, I was just too pain to concentrate on the music to distract myself and thus it is not useful for me. But I guess it is really depend on individuals.

thanks