Transit to stage 2 milk formula

My 6months old baby is on mixed feeding- bm and fm (night). Recently I have changed the formula from 1 to 2 for 1 week, using the same brand. He has been pooping for every diaper, some watery some creamy but continues to drink well. Should I bring him to the pd or change the formula milk?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You dont need to change formula from stage 1 to 2. Most of the stage 1 formula will be up till 1 years old = 12 months. Not necessary to make a switch. If every milk he/she poop then not acceptable. Its like adult, you eat you poo you hungry and you eat you poo you hungry. The pattern is the same.

4mo ago

Oh yeah there are some brand up till 6 months. Some people will mix 1:2 scoops before fully making switch. Idk how that works but I have never do mix feed. I will find brand that has up till 12 months. So it will be easier and also to check on poop colour. If it is not suitable make the switch.

stage 1 and stage 2 nutritional needs are different. I think should as long as not watery stools every pooing then it's fine x so long as baby gain weight and eat normally with no fussing. if you are concerned, tell the PD.