Baby doesnt stop crying..

my 6 weeks baby cries nonstop even after trying so many things.. he will stop crying and thn resume.. he poops well and farts well.. idw him to cry til so bad.. what should i do? #pleasehelp #1stimemom #firstbaby

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I’m also occasionally facing the same issue particularly if overly tired. My 7 week old son needs to be cuddled to sleep else he can only nap max 30 mins in his crib alone during the day. If left alone he doesn’t sleep, gets cranky and gets overly tired and will scream bloody murder, this usually happens early evening. He is also a very gassy baby and and fights to be burped at times so I understand your frustration. It may help to also burp him 30 mins to 1 hour after feeding as the burp may not happen while feeding. I know it’s easier said than done! We just need to try everything unfortunately. I too am struggling to get other things done aside from being with my son every minute. Let’s hope it will get better with age 🤘🏼

Read more

You mentioned farting, I think farts may happen when the baby hasn't burped enough. It can be uncomfortable until the gas makes its way down as fart. Is the flow of milk too fast/slow and is the baby burping enough? One way may be to break the feeding up and burp every 5min to reduce the gassiness.

3y ago

he is a fast drinker.. and sometimes we tried burping him but he din burp.. ill try doing so.. thank you..

My bb just had this episodes recently. Cry murder, fight naps. Fits colic symptoms. Just have to be extra patient and keep soothing baby. It could be their leap week. (I downloaded The Wonder Weeks for guide) I’m a ftm too! Jiayou mommy!!!!!

Hi it’s most likely colic. We had that with our 1st and were clueless 🤣 jus need to burp baby no matter how long it takes. Gd luck, you’ll pull through it!

3y ago

Thank you.. times are very trying.. with the almost impossible sleep schedule 🤣

My girl used to be like this too. I had to hug her on my chest to let her sleep. Its very overwhelming feeling..

3y ago

yes sometimes he stops when we carry him.. but at times it takes awhile to calm him down. and its very overwhelming..

Check diaper; or if he cries regularly in the evening likely colic

Maybe its colic ??

drink enough milk?

3y ago

yes