My 6-month bub was unusually quiet yesterday. Feeding was normal, only that his pee has been slightly yellowish lately. He started solids recently as well. Any cause for concern?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

6 months and baby could be teething: may run a temperature below 38 degrees, clingy, decrease in appetite, grouchy or moody or simply doesn't want to eat. Once started on solids, do give your baby water to drink for hydration as the weather is very hot and humid these days. It is good that you noticed that baby's pee became slightly yellowish in colour. Solids also needs water to aid digestion to keep the stool soften else with the roughage going in and insufficient fluid, baby may constipate. However, if you do worry, please consult a doctor to have a peace of mind.

Read more
8y ago

Thank you Suzanne. Yes I noticed a tooth cutting out from the bottom! Is 10ml of water per solid feed too much?

Hi I think it is normal for babies to have mood swings and quieter days as well. But do monitor him these few days and mommy's intuition is the best. If you feel something may be wrong bring him to a PD. If urine is slightly yellow it could mean he is not having enough liquids. Did you give him water as well? Once they start on solids you can start giving them water. What food did you give him yesterday?

Read more
8y ago

Ya last week I only gave him a few tiny spoons of water. Started giving him about 10ml of water over the weekend. We just introduced pumpkin over the weekend as well. Before this he's tried Apple/ banana/ avocado and sweet potato.

30mls will be good each time. Keep baby hydrated.