My 4mth old boy used to drink 120ml every 3 hrs. But recently, he can only finish 70 -100ml per feed, regardless of day time or night time. He also cannot nap long in the day time. Naps are between 45mins to 1 hr. His bedtime is between 630pm to 730pm and he wakes up every 3 hrs. How can i help him to increase his milk intake and also to help him to sleep for longer stretch of hours at night?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Zhi Hui, my boy is just 3 weeks older than yours and I've been through the exact same thing as you. he even drinks the same amount. I suspected that because his teeth are growing hence the lack of appetite. my boy eats his fingers and pacifier which may also lead to decrease in milk intake. I've tried to increase his milk intake today to 135ml and he just spat everything out. however, when I feed 150ml to 180ml at his sleeping time (8pm), he can sleep till 4am which is way better than every 2 to 4 hours. my sister's boy is just 4 months and he can sleep through the night. but he drinks 150ml 9 to 10 times a day. I guess our boys just have smaller stomachs.

Read more