Baby does not like to sleep in cot

My 4 month old baby does not like to be placed in cot, perhaps due to Moro Reflex. Any advise?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy does the same too, even till now 5.5months but rarely at the moment. Since his first month he absolutely hates being swaddled or sleeping in his cot too. Thus, we replaced it with constant contact sleep and cuddles before placing him down in cot only after he’s fallen deep asleep, which worked. I suppose he also felt safe in mummy’s and daddy’s arms. You could definitely try that if your LO is still fussing with the cot during nap or sleep times. Can also use bean bag to place on his chest afterwards to mimic your hands, and also just gently tap his bum bum and tuck his hands back what the Moro reflex kicks in. But we did observe that more or less he will slowly soothe himself back to sleep without the need of our interference as he slowly gets accustomed to the cot 😯 my hubby and I constantly repeat the cuddle and place in cot motion to get baby used to it over time. I guess theres no definite when your LO is ready to fall asleep in cot without help, as all babies feeling of comfort is different ☺️ My boy now prefers his crib at 5.5mo hahaha.

Read more

Would you mind co-sleeping? My girl hated swaddles so I simply pat her bum and back, or hug her for a while whenever she got startled, then she’ll fall back asleep. Co-sleeping made this so much easier as I didn’t need to get out of bed. Moved her back to cot at about 6 months old after she outgrew the moro reflex.

Read more

hold for 20 mins, swing gently side to side before putting down, fake put down n carry up a few times then put in cot, cover with blanket n on white noise

Most of the time i would swaddle my baby, to avoid the moro reflex, or put the bean sprout bag

4mo ago

have tried both mentioned but not much help