Hi, my 2 yr old son wakes up crying in the middle of his sleep during most nights. Is this normal? How to ensure he sleeps through the night?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my kids used to wake up in the middle of their sleep almost each night, and once i patted them for a few minutes, they would fall asleep and wake up only in the morning. your baby may be hungry, so try and add a little more to the dinner plate and see if it makes a difference. or, if your baby takes milk before sleeping, maybe you can increase the quantity a little to see if your little one wakes up due to hunger. once you check on these, you will be able to find out the reason why your baby is waking up. sometimes, if your baby is passing urine it is possible that it is uncomfortable, hence baby wakes up. try patting back to sleep.

Read more
VIP Member

That's quite an open ended question and hard to answer when there are so many things needed to be asked like how is he falling asleep? Is he needing to be patted to sleep? Is he co sleeping with you? Is he waking up for milk or just for your attention? Anyway the short answer is make sure he is falling asleep on his own without any assistance then chances of him staying asleep would also be higher.

Read more

Sometimes it happen specially when they don't eat enough during dinner, they wake up middle of the night to ask milk, try to give him milk before he sleep at night.