Breastfeeding while pregnant.

1st born turning 3 in 1.5mths. Still breastfeeding till date. Recently I feel some letdown but I realise nothing comes out when I squeeze. I tried massaging but still nothing. I'm also pregnant so I'm confused if it's a good thing as it may lead to him weaning. But I also have heartache thinking that there's actually milk because after almost 3 yrs I think I know what letdown feels like. But literally nothing is coming out for the past few days. Should I get help? Or should I just let it be and take this opportunity to wean him? Currently he's still latching to sleep although I know for sure he's not getting any milk.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal because your breastmilk is turning into colostrum to prepare for your nb. Taking this time to wean him is a good idea, if he is still latching without milk, you’re a walking pacifier! 😂 Since he’s turning 3 already, can try explaining to him that he had his turn and mama is preparing the milk for his younger sibling now. 😊

Read more
12mo ago

Yeah, especially when he will feel more attachment to you as he can sense the baby inside you. Will definitely need some time but I’m sure he’ll get there 😊!