Playgroup Cry Murder

My 18month son recently enrolled into PG and he have been crying murder most of time in school. Is this normal? Should i call it a quit or give him time? Help me pls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello there~ the reason your child cries is cause he/she is entering a totally new environment with unfamiliar faces. Trust the teachers and u can always check on your child by asking his/her teachers about how he/she is in school. sometimes, they just cry during drop off but they are fine in the school. you can also try to pre-empt your child about going to school by reading to him/her stories about going to school or simply talk to them about their day when u pick them up. Most importantly, make drop off quick by having a consistent routine of a goodbye hug, have fun in school and see u later~ it's difficult the first few months but your child will settle down and your mornings will be less stressful. Hwaiting~

Read more

it's very normal. most importantly, trust the teachers, send your child and go off. never try to peep because this can also show your child that you dont trust the teachers, hence, your child will not be comfortable with the teachers too. trust, let go and give him time. you're doing great!!

my son been going from Infant to PG for like 2yrs but on n off esp when he is sick n go back after recovering, he will cry murder also.. give him some time.. will get better if the teacher is caring..

Give him time to adapt. New environment adults will feel scared also not even a young boy. Unless he crys for like a yr or not eating/sleeping well at home maybe the cc is not suitable.

took my girl few months to adapt even thou she transit from infane care to PG, no rush, its norm... nw most of the time she dun really cry only once awhile clingy. hope it hlps!

then next time when its time to enroll to primary sch and he cries, u let him quit school too? lol

2y ago

a no brainer sarcasm instead

Recommend to give him more time. How long has he started?