Playgroup - does your child falls sick often? Need your opinions and suggestions please.

My 18M old daughter started childcare about 3 weeks ago. She's been falling sick often - low grade fever, high fever, runny nose, coughing. We've been to the Dr twice. Just last week Dr prescribe antibiotics cause of prolong cough. Mummies can share your experience please. I'm so anxious now. I don't like it when she falls sick. So poor thing to look at. She's a lot better now but have low grade fever here and there. Does your child falls sick often? Will the always have runny nose? I see the other kids also, always have runny nose. Coughing.. how long will does your child take to recover? My daughter is taking vitamins. Is there anything that you give to build up their immunity? Thank you! FT mom here, anxious about a lot of things.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can go to certified TCM to treat cough/phlegm and PD for further checks. Young kids are pretty common to fall sick often esp in IFC/CC. Can't be avoided because we may take all the precautionary methods but at the end of the day, there will be some kids still being sent to school because of the selfish attitude of some parents. I would also suggest to give supplement, medicine prescribe, home remedies, keep the child at home till recover 100%. For common runny nose that might be morning runny nose or sinus. In this case, actually most centre will reject if slight fever, flu, cough, spots, ulcer happened to the attending kids.

Read more